Did you mean: 

Spring Seller Update

Smiley SadSmiley Sad

Screen Shot 2017-02-28 at 8.40.43 PM.png

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Spring Seller Update

Maybe time for sellers to start looking for a better places to do business.
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Spring Seller Update

They don't say "decrease", they say "change".

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Spring Seller Update

@annadryl wrote:

They don't say "decrease", they say "change".

And the difference is WHAT?!?!?

This change isn't that big of a deal for small sellers.  It won't impact them much.  But medium to large sellers will definintely feel the pain.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Spring Seller Update

Just commenting on the way they word things. Everything is for us... All for our benefit...

Picking and chosing every word carefully. Like they're here for us (all) with cocoa, warm blankets and... new fees!

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Spring Seller Update

You are absolutely correct!

I am a low volume seller.  I just looked at my Top rated plus discount for January and it was $2.40 .  So losing $1.20 would not be a "big deal".  What would be a big deal is losing the commercial plus discount on my shipping.

Do regular top rated sellers get the commercial plus discount on priority shipping?

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Spring Seller Update

@annadryl wrote:

Just commenting on the way they word things. Everything is for us... All for our benefit...

Picking and chosing every word carefully. Like they're here for us (all) with cocoa, warm blankets and... new fees!

It is just good business to be aware of the wording and how it may come across.  Most companies do that.  Ebay has released many emails and/or announcement that care was not taken and that really should not happen.  Not for any company the size of Ebay.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Spring Seller Update

@disneyshopper wrote:

You are absolutely correct!

I am a low volume seller.  I just looked at my Top rated plus discount for January and it was $2.40 .  So losing $1.20 would not be a "big deal".  What would be a big deal is losing the commercial plus discount on my shipping.

Do regular top rated sellers get the commercial plus discount on priority shipping?

YES.  TRS status is definitely worth keeping for small sellers.  The TRS Plus, not so much.  

So what I will be doing on or before May 1st is changing my return policy back to 14 days and I will increase my handling time to 2 or 3 days.  I will still qualify for TRS and I fully intend on keeping that status.  I will not lose any sleep over letting TRS Plus discount being retired for me.  In fact, I won't have to worry so much about did a package get scanned on time, did I get it out the door quick enough, etc.  

I plan on still offering my customers all the good customer service I have always done, I'm just not going to be chasing the TRS Plus discount anymore.  My customers won't feel a difference at all.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Spring Seller Update

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey everyone,

This topic is being discussed here: TRS discount going from 20% to 10% on May 1st

Thanks

Message 9 of 9
latest reply