cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How about official dedicated threads?

I understand wanting to keep it streamlined and having dedicated theads, but why not set it up like you did the Fall Seller Update Board with actual sub-topics on each aspect which were created by you?   alan@ebay  The flow was much easier.

This is causing brain scramble because you don't know where you'll end up.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Oh, yes...please!  

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi @lintbrush*

Thanks for sharing your feedback, I'm sorry to hear that it is not working well for you. There's no perfect way to structure a board for a Seller Update. While I personally liked that structure that last time, there was feedback from members that they missed not being able to create their own threads and it also proved tricky for eBay staff to follow and reply to threads with significant volume.

We'll continue to assess our strategy. 

Thank you. 

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

alan@ebay
Your already streamlining them, Trinton locked one about freight shipping I replied on & referenced us to another thread . Or am I missing something
I'm seeing some locked already
confusing me here
I'm jumping from one to another looking for ebays response to things so if I have questions I can reply , it's difficult this way

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

...and can we have a specific topic for rants that don't include a question? Smiley Wink

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

@labs118 wrote:

alan@ebay
Your already streamlining them, Trinton locked one about freight shipping I replied on & referenced us to another thread . Or am I missing something
I'm seeing some locked already
confusing me here
I'm jumping from one to another looking for ebays response to things so if I have questions I can reply , it's difficult this way

For the last Seller Update, we had threads created only by eBay,  members couldn't create their own threads. This time we've changed it and went back to the approach we used before the last release.  
Appreciate it is tricky to see where eBay staff have replied, in the coming weeks we'll be making an update to the Community so that when a thread receives a reply from an eBay employee there will be an indicator on the board level so that you can quickly see at a glance where employees have responded. 

Thanks again. 

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

alan@ebay
Well Thank you that will be helpful

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

@labs118 wrote:

alan@ebay
Well Thank you that will be helpful

Agreed! Thanks, @labs118.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

alan@ebay wrote:
 ... we'll be making an update to the Community so that when a thread receives a reply from an eBay employee there will be an indicator on the board level so that you can quickly see at a glance where employees have responded. .... 

That's not an "update;" it's a "restoration." That's one of many features that were available for over a decade before disappearing during recent board renovations.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Yea & we want it back 🙂

Message 10 of 10
latest reply