cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else planning on closing their store due to the Spring 2017 changes?

Just curious. 

“It took me quite a long time to develop a voice, and now that I have it, I am not going to be silent” ― Madeleine K. Albright

Great! 45.8% down over the same time last year with 2x+ items listed. Are you impressed? I'm certainly not!
Message 1 of 61
latest reply
60 REPLIES 60

I go the opposite of the flow I just dusted off my old ID and opened another store....

Message 2 of 61
latest reply

No

I had an average Noverber, December was my best moth in five years, January was an average month and Feb I about 35% behind my average sales.  But overall I am happy.  I do not do this for a living.   I have a full time job.  I woud not be able to support my family do this full time.

Message 3 of 61
latest reply

I am but not because of the update.  I made that decision back in December. Summer sales drop to nothing so come April, I won't be renewing

Message 4 of 61
latest reply

Hi. Where can i find the upcoming changes?

Message 5 of 61
latest reply

I don't think so, I expected much much worse on this update. I am not happy about the final value fee credit getting cut in half but I'll adjust.

The Race is over
The Rats won.
Message 6 of 61
latest reply

@geotouloupos wrote:

Hi. Where can i find the upcoming changes?

@geotouloupos

http://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/seller-updates/2017spring/index.html

“It took me quite a long time to develop a voice, and now that I have it, I am not going to be silent” ― Madeleine K. Albright

Great! 45.8% down over the same time last year with 2x+ items listed. Are you impressed? I'm certainly not!
Message 7 of 61
latest reply

Thanks!
Message 8 of 61
latest reply

Knee-jerk reactions to change are usually the wrong thing to do. 

I'd rather sit back quietly, have a good long think, and then see how I can make it work for me.  There are nearly always factors that I couldn't see at first glance.

Message 9 of 61
latest reply

@zzydny wrote:

I'd rather sit back quitely, have a good long think, and then see how I can make it work for me.

For me it's not a knee-jerk reaction. It's a logical one. You start taking $8 (+/-) per month out of my pocket that was basically offsetting the price of the store, then something's got to give.  The give is the store going.  Simple

Message 10 of 61
latest reply

Thinking about it.

Sometimes you get, and sometimes you get got.
Message 11 of 61
latest reply

- The Final Value Fees for Store subscriptions will increase on May 1, 2017.

- The Top Rated Plus final value fee discount will change from 20% to 10% on

Too much for me.

Sometimes you get, and sometimes you get got.
Message 12 of 61
latest reply

I've never had a store & never plan on having one.

I pay enough in fees & I'm not paying out any more for a store.

I see no benefit to me to have one.

Everyone has to do what's best for their bottom line ( the same thing that ebay does ).

Message 13 of 61
latest reply

@llllady wrote:

@zzydny wrote:

I'd rather sit back quitely, have a good long think, and then see how I can make it work for me.

For me it's not a knee-jerk reaction. It's a logical one. You start taking $8 (+/-) per month out of my pocket that was basically offsetting the price of the store, then something's got to give.  The give is the store going.  Simple

I guess I don't understand that logic.  You can't just look at FVF savings as a way to pay for your store.  Increased sales also help to pay for it.  If you sell 10 items for $100 without a store or 20 items for $200 with a store, then the sales alone have paid for the store fee.

Message 14 of 61
latest reply

@jobs-7 wrote:

@llllady wrote:

@zzydny wrote:

I guess I don't understand that logic.  You can't just look at FVF savings as a way to pay for your store.  Increased sales also help to pay for it.  If you sell 10 items for $100 without a store or 20 items for $200 with a store, then the sales alone have paid for the store fee.

Increased sales could possibly make a difference. Month-month-comparisons keep coming back to basically the same amount of sales. There is no growth, even when listing 2 to 3 times as many items with the store.  It's like eBay has me "locked in" and won't allow me to grow.

Without growth, there is no room for additional fees or having more money taken away. 

Message 15 of 61
latest reply